- Enrolment to Take2 Performing Arts School is for the 30-week academic year Sept – May with payments divided into two equal instalments (15 weeks in each ‘Term’). If your child does not wish to complete the year you must inform [email protected] giving a minimum of 3 weeks’ notice before the end of the current term, otherwise you will be liable for the balance of the year’s fees in full. (* New students see note 6)
- Parents will be notified of important information, fees due, outings, exams, London trips, Feis details, term dates and holiday courses via e-mail & Class WhatsApp groups. These will be sent to the parent’s email supplied on the booking form. It is the parents’ responsibility to read these notifications and keep abreast of important dates, show dates etc, and exam deadlines. Please check our Annual Diary which is on our website www.take2.ie Please do not hesitate to contact the school if you feel you may have missed some of the information. Email is our primary means of communicating with you and all current students must have a valid email address of a parent or guardian on file. By registering you are agreeing to receive communication via email, WhatsApp and telephone.
- The Take2 uniform is compulsory for Musical Theatre (Saturday classes) & optional for weekday students. Uniforms are available to purchase from the school. Dance shoes are available from Dance World, Ranelagh. Please check with the dance teacher regarding dance shoes required for class.
- Contactless payment is preferred. Fees may be paid via bank transfer, via our website (stripe) or in cash. Fees MUST be paid in full on or before the first day of a new term – all late fees will incur an automatic administration fee of €10 unless previously agreed with our administrator. Please ensure cash fees are clearly marked in a sealed envelope with your child’s name and class. Deposits are non-refundable but will be credited against your first term’s fee.
- Please ensure that you let us know of any medical or special needs your child might have. There is a space provided on the booking form for this.
- NEW STUDENTS ONLY: When booking your place in a Take2 Class for the first time you should fill in the online booking form and pay the deposit of €100 (€50 for juniors/tots). You will pay the balance of the term fees on or before the first week of class. Your initial commitment is for 3 weeks only. We feel that it takes 3 weeks to settle in and get a proper feel for our classes. If after 3 weeks of term you give notice in writing by email that you do not wish to continue for any reason, we will refund you the fees for the remaining weeks of term in full. Your place is only confirmed on payment of terms fees in full. If fees are unpaid after week three- no commitment is deemed to have been made and the place can be given to another student.
- Students can be represented byTake2 Actors Agency. https://take2agency.com.
The Agency is a separate business & managed by Shauna Griffith.
Consent for photographs/video use
During classes & performances, photographs and video may be taken by the course teachers which may include footage of your child. These may be used on our website, social pages or in our brochures from time to time. Please ensure you let the school know in writing if you do not consent to the use of images as described above. There is a space provided on the online booking form for this. We do not permit parents or third parties to record or photograph at our productions in The Pavilion Theatre. We hire a professional to film the show which will be shared with parents free of charge via a link.
Take2 Covid-19 Terms and Conditions
Take2 are dedicated to ensuring the safety of our students, teachers, and staff. We pride ourselves on ensuring that everyone is kept safe at all times, and this will remain true when returning to classes under Government Guidelines relating to Covid-19.
As a result of the ongoing pandemic, the following measures have been put into place. Please ensure that you read through this list thoroughly. All conditions must be agreed to before any student can take part in any Take2 classes.
*for a more comprehensive risk assessment and policy documentation please contact [email protected] and this can be provided on request.
Please note that all aspects of this policy are subject to change in accordance with advice and directives from the Government and the WHO.
All students must be dropped off outside the building to keep the number of people within Tullow hall to a minimum. For our younger students, teachers & assistants will meet you at the door to bring you to your classes. There will also be a one-way system in place for entering and exiting Tullow Hall.
- Before arriving to Take2, parents must ensure that children have washed their hands and that where possible, they will bring their own hand sanitiser with them to classes. We have hand sanitising stations at each door & outside the Drama & Singing studios upstairs.
- The Kitchen will be completely off limits to students. Therefore, students must have their own kit bag /water bottle with their name clearly written on the front.
- We ask that students keep all belongings to the bare minimum to avoid clutter and cross contamination of items.
- If a child is feeling unwell in any way, then they must not attend classes. This is not exclusive to symptoms of Covid-19, if a child is presenting symptoms of any contagious illness they are required to stay at home.
- If any student has been in contact with or is experiencing any symptoms of Covid-19, they must self-isolate for 14 days and not attend any of their Take2 Classes.
- If a child presents themselves at class and they are deemed unwell by a member of Staff, a parent/guardian will be contacted, and the student must be collected and brought home. We check everyone’s temperature before entering Tullow Hall, if a student has a temperature, they will not be admitted & a parent will be contacted.
- All our class sizes are being reduced to allow for social distancing. For this reason, our bookings for class spaces are done on a first come first served We are however giving priority to students who have attended our ongoing Zoom classes. If you do not secure a place in your class when booking is open or if the class you wish to join is full, there will be absolutely no exceptions made. This is for both the safety of our staff and students.
- If you are unsuccessful in securing a place in the class/classes of your choice, you will be placed on a waiting list. As soon as a place becomes available or we can have more students in Tullow, we will offer places based on the order of our waiting list.
- If the government announce that schools must close again, all our classes will move to Zoom. Therefore, to register for our 20/21 academic year, all students must agree to our Online Learning Terms and Conditions when booking. Once have booked for our 20/21 academic year, you are agreeing that you will take part in our classes online if we are forced to close our doors. Therefore, there will be no refunds or credit available if you do not engage with your online classes.
- However, please note that the only circumstances in which classes will be moved online is if Take2 is instructed to close as part of a government directive. It is our full intention that all classes will be delivered in person in Tullow Hall.
- All hour-long classes are being shortened to 50/55 minutes. This is to allow for efficient crossover between classes and to also allow for teachers to clean and sanitise the studio for the next class entering.
- Please note that by enrolling your child in Take2 you are agreeing to, and bound by, our terms and conditions as laid out in this document.
Privacy and Data Protection Policy
Take2 are committed to protecting the privacy of our clients and keeping your details secure. Please see our Privacy document on our website https://take2.ie/privacy-policy/
Take2 is committed to respecting your privacy and to complying with applicable Data Protection and privacy laws. Take2 is the “Data Controller” of all Data that is collected on our website.
Collection and Use of Personal Data
Personal Data means any information relating to you. Your personal data is used to identify you or can be used to contact you. This personal data may include:
- Mobile number
- Email address
- Information about your use of service
- Communication with or direct to us via, emails, phone, webchat, and social media
This section outlines your rights as a Data Subject of Take2. However, your rights may be restricted under the following circumstances:
- Where it’s necessary for the prevention, detection, investigation and prosecution of criminal offences.
- Where it is necessary for the exercise or defence of a legal claim or proceedings.
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
About whether we hold personal information about you, and, if so, what that information is and why we are holding or using it.
To your Data (“Data Subject Access Request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information (“Data”) we hold about you and to confirm that we are processing it legitimately.
Of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any inaccurate or incomplete Data we hold about you corrected.
Of your Data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove Data where there is no reasonable explanation for us to continue to hold it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your Data where you have exercised your right to object to processing.
Object to Profiling
That is not to be subject of any automated decision-making by us using your personal information or profiling of you.
Request the Restriction of Processing
Of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of Data about you.
Request a Transfer.
Of your Data in an electronic and structured form to you or to another party (commonly known as a right to “Data Portability”).
In the limited circumstances where you may have provided your consent to the collection, processing, and transfer of your Data for a specific purpose, you have the right to withdraw your consent for that specific processing at any time. Once we have received notification that you wish to withdraw your consent, we will stop processing your information for the purpose you originally agreed to, unless we have another legitimate basis for doing so in law.
Requests for this information may be made by email to [email protected].
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the information or to exercise any of your other rights. This is an appropriate security measure to ensure that personal information is not released inappropriately.
This right only applies to your own Data. When exercising this right, please be as specific as possible.
We will retain data for a period of two (2) years where an account is inactive. After this period, all Data will be removed from our databases and servers. Transactional information will be held for a period of six (6) years.
We endeavour to use appropriate technical and physical security measures to protect your Data. Any Data that you volunteer to Take2 if retained, will be held on secure storage device and will only be used to manage your account and to better our service offering.
We follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of your Data, and to protect it against accidental loss or damage.
As effective as modern security practices are, no physical or electronic security system is entirely secure. The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. We will continue to revise policies and implement additional securities as new technologies become available.
If there is an interception or unauthorized access to your Data, we will not be liable or responsible for any resulting misuse of your personal information. But we will inform you giving full advice and support regarding to what steps needs being taken to mitigate the damage. Also, the relevant authorities will be notified of any data breach.
If you would like to make a complaint about how your Data is being processed by Take2 or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint by email to [email protected] or in writing directly to;
Data Protection Officer: 28 Beechpark Road, Foxrock. D18W5K2.
Details of the Data Controller and Data Protection Officer
For the purposes of the Data Protection legislation Take2 is the Data Controller of the Site.